Griffith Observatory ☆

Recently, my family and I went on over to Griffith Observatory in LA. It was actually my first time there and I've heard about it prior to going so I was uber excited!



The paintings above are on the ceiling of the primary entrance, which are absolutely beautiful! My neck hurt though for staring up as long as I did!



The astronomers monument and sun dial can be found in front of the observatory.

The observatory is split up into different gallery halls and the ones I'm featuring are from the Wilder Hall of the Eye and Ahmanson Hall of the Sky exhibit galleries.


 The Ahmanson Hall of the Sky gallery focuses on other planets along with earth's relationship with them. 


The periodic table of elements 


The Wilder Hall of the Eye gallery (above) focused on how humans have studied space over the years and also featured a tesla coil! 



Around the observatory are walkways where you can see all of LA! It reminded me of Mt. Soledad in San Diego. These picture were taken from behind the observatory and the view is amazing. The Hollywood sign is clearly visible from the observatory, but I couldn't take good pictures since I just used my iPhone camera, whoops! 


There are also lots of trails around the observatory that I'd love to hike. My dad said we can come here again and spend the day hiking, which I'm definitely looking forward to!


Have you guys ever been to an observatory? What was your favorite part about it? Feel free to comment down below, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment